“Joan is simply the best I have ever seen. I would never consider anyone else for the job.“
Gary R., Parent, Pound Ridge, NY.
Joan Barickman, founder and principal of Barickman Tutoring, has been helping students for over 40 years.
What makes Barickman Tutoring special?
- thorough evaluations that define individual learning objectives
- authentic tests
- an extensive library of original materials on site
- e-support between sessions
- documented increases in students’ test scores and class grades
- pleasant, even joyful, learning experiences
- a unique combination of support, trust, humor, efficiency, and high achievement
- Joan’s heartfelt commitment to each student’s success
Picture yourself sitting with Joan, a list of clear objectives in hand, working toward your goal. Often, you’ll need fewer sessions than you expected because you’re working on your own needs so efficiently. If you discover that you need practice “finding the clue” to improve sentence completion scores on the SAT or to write good “hooks” on your college essay, she has her own original worksheets at hand in the office library. And, you’ll probably have fun, too!
Will I be successful? Yes, if you’re willing to work. In the past year, average score increases were:
- 100+ points, per section, on the SAT
- 2+ points, per section, on the ACT
- 1 full grade point (B to A)/year in class grades
Where is Barickman Tutoring? You’re close if you live, work, or go to school near:
- Bedford, Armonk, Katonah, Pound Ridge, South Salem, Carmel or Mt. Kisco, NY
- Stamford, New Canaan, or Ridgefield, CT
For a more detailed list, go to our location page.
For more information or an appointment, please go to our contact page or email Joanbarickman@yahoo.com. You’ll be happy with the results.